Mumbai police has issued traffic restrictions in South Mumbai considering Ashura processions to begin today from 2pm onward. These restrictions have been imposed to facilitate the flow of traffic and keep the roads free from jams. Here’s a list of roads that should must avoid for smooth transit:
- BA Road, Sant Sawta Road Junction to Mustafa Bazaar Junction towards Love Lane to Parab Chowk will remain closed for vehicular traffic.
- Traffic hailing from Dockyard Road to Mazgaon circle Nesbit way to Balwant Singh Merchant Chowk from Sir JJ Road will be closed.
- South bound traffic on Mascarenhas Road is diverted on Mustafa Bazaar Junction to Sant Sawta Road towards left side through Reay Road.
- Traffic from Seth Motisha Lane towards Mascarenhas Road has been diverted at BA Road, Khada Parsi towards south-bound.
- South bound traffic on BA Road will be diverted to Dadoji Konddev Road, Tomani junction towards Barrister Nath Pai Road.
- Traffic from Rambhau Bhogale Marg to Mustafa Bazaar Junction should move towards Barrister Nath Pai Road at Hotel Bharat Bhavan.
- Traffic from Jijibhai Rathod Marg from Kalklij Junction to Hancock Bridge will be closed.
- Balwant Dhodi Marg will be closed for traffic from BA Road through Nesbit Road junction to Mazgaon Circle.
- South bound traffic on Lalbaug Bridge to Byculla Bridge has been diverted at Khada Parsi to keep the roads clear.
This post is brought to you by Ridlr; it provides timetables and schedules for various modes of public transit, including Bus, Train and Metro, making commute as informed as possible. It also provides live traffic alerts, helping you make route choices and steer clear of congested areas. And if you’re looking for parking, look no further; Ridlr displays free and paid parking in your city. Download the app now.
Latest posts by Team Mumbai (see all)
- Traffic Restrictions for Eid-e-Milad - December 24, 2015
- Traffic restrictions in South Mumbai for Ashura Processions - December 3, 2015
- B.E.S.T Buses in Mumbai – Fare, monthly passes, cashless travel & more - October 30, 2015