Getting acquainted with Mumbai local train maps is a necessity even if your regular schedule involves moderate travelling. The city is home to 12 million people & it can only afford to offer 1.1 square meters of open space per person. People here prefer local trains over any other mode of transport for reasons given below:
- New to the city? Wondering how your maiden local ride be like? Relax, you’d meet all sorts of people who would help you board the train. & alighting is not at all a problem.
- Mumbai may be one of the most expensive cities in the world. But when it comes to travelling, all you need is 30 bucks to cover a distance as high as 120 km if you ferry by train.
- You can travel by first class if you’re someone who prefers comfort over anything else.
- You can keep up with your commitments as the average headway between two trains is just 3-4 minutes.
- Be assured you’re in safe company if you travel by train. 2.2 billion People travel by Mumbai local every year.
- Optimism runs into the blood here. You’d find people saying “andhar chalo, bahut jaga hai, pura train khali hai” which means “get in, there’s too much of space inside, the entire train is empty” even while they are battling with the super-dense crush load.
These are some of the reasons why you would love to explore map of Mumbai local trains.
This post is brought to you by Ridlr, the best Public Transport app in the country, providing live timings and time-tables for bus, train, metro and monorails for 10 cities in India. Download the free App today. Download now
Latest posts by Team Mumbai (see all)
- 8 Reasons why you need a live traffic app in Mumbai - December 2, 2015
- Smarter way to travel with BEST buses in Mumbai - November 17, 2015
- Know web like Railway Routes that keep Mumbai on its toes - November 17, 2015