TRAFFIC GUIDELINES FOR DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR JAYANTI
1. On 14th April, the 126th Jayanti of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar is being observed and due to the large congregation of people on Chaitya Bhoomi (Dadar, vehicular traffic will be affected.
2. The movement of traffic will be affected on following road: S. Veer Savarkar Road Ranade Road N.C Kelkar Road Gokhale Road (North & South) Keluskar Road (North & South) Kataria Road Tilak Bridge S. K. Bole Road Bhavani Shankar Road.
3. Motorists are advised to use Senapati Bapat Marg, N. M. Joshi Marg & Dr. B. A. Marg to avoid inconvenience .
One Way Closure of Roads
1. No entry from Hanuman Temple till Siddhivinayak Junction for S. K. Bole Road
2. No-Entry from Gokhale Road South via Gopinath Chavan Chowk except BEST Buses & Emergency
3. S.V.S. Road from SiddhiVinayak Junction upto Hinduja Hospital will be closed for all Vehicular Traffic (Local residents can go upto Road No 5 i.e. Pandurang Naik Marg Junction from Hinduja Hospital.)
4. Ranade Road will be closed for all types of vehicular traffic.
5. Dnyaneshwar Mandir Road will be closed for all types of vehicular traf fic from its junction at S.V.S.Road upto Dadar Chowpatty.
6. If necessary, the vehicular traffic (Except BEST buses & Emergency/Ufility services) will be closed from Dadar T.T.
7. Kataria Road will be closed for all vehicular traffic from L. J. Road upto Hinduja Hospital.
8. All heavy vehicles. goods vehicles including tempos (except BEST buses) will be diverted from Mahim Junction via Mori Road towards Senapati Bapat Road.
ADVISORY INSTRUCTIONS IN CASE OF CONGESTION AROUND SHIVAJI PARK
A) SOUTH-BOUND TRAFFIC.
1. Vehicular traffic coming from Western Express Highway and proceed ing towards South Mumbai shall go upto Kalanagar Junction, take left turn to proceed to Dharavi T Junction to Sion Railway Station or 60 ft Rd Dharavi via Kumbharwada to Sion Hospital, and take right turn to Dr. B. A. Road
2. Or use Bandra-Worli Sea Link via Bandra to Worli 8, proceed further.
B) NORTH-BOUND TRAFFIC.
1. North -bound vehicular traffic coming from Colaba & C.S.T. may use P D.rnello Rd.. Barrister Nath Pai Marg, Zakeria Bunder Rd., R.A.K. Marg upto Matunga Arora bridge then take right turn, along Dr. B. A. Rd, and further on via Sion Hospital Junction. or take left turn at Gafarkhan Junction on Dr. Annie Beasent Road for Bandra-Worli Sea Link 8, further to Suburban Mumbai.
2. North-bound vehicular traffic coming from Mahalaxmi Rly Station via Dr. E. Moses Rd. may use Senapati Bapat Rd.
Parking restrictions will be imposed from 11.00 hrs on 13/04/2017 till 24.00 hrs on 14/04/2017 on either side of the following roads:-
S. Veer Savarkar Road, Ranade Road, N. C. Kelkar Road, Keluskar Road (South), Keluskar Road (North), L. J. Road Gokhale Road (South), Gokhale Road (North) Kataria Road, Tilak Bridge S. K. Bole Road, BhavaniShankarRoad
Senapati Bapat Marg, Five Gardens, Matunga. Mahim Reti Bunder.
This post is brought to you by Ridlr, the best Public Transport app in the country, providing live timings and time-tables for bus, train, metro and monorails for 10 cities in India. Download the free App today. Download now
Latest posts by Anurag P (see all)
- TRAFFIC REGULATION FOR GANAPATI IMMERSION DAYS- 2017 - August 31, 2017
- GANAPATI FESTIVAL 2017 – Traffic restrictions near Lalbaugcha Raja - August 28, 2017
- MUMBAI Monsoon- 2017 – Water Logging prone areas - June 7, 2017