Lost your driving license? Too bad! But here’s how you can get a duplicate driving license in Mumbai. Just fill in the LLD form notifying the licensing authority that you’ve lost your license and request for a duplicate one. You should lodge an FIR the moment you realise that you’ve misplaced or lost your license. Here’s a simple process that you’ve got to follow:
- Put in a request for a duplicate driving license by submitting LLD form along with a copy of FIR of lost license.
- Get a clearance report from traffic police if in case it’s a commercial license.
- Pay Rs.50 for an ordinary license or Rs.200 for a laminated one.
Here’s a list of details you’d be expected to part with:
- Personal details about the Applicant like full name, date and place of birth, blood group, father’s name, educational qualification and address.
- Details about License like date of issue, expiry date, license number.
- Number and date of renewal.
Mind you, a duplicate driving license is a permanent driving license, issued on request of the card holder when the original license is either lost or damaged. It has the same validity and features as the old/original driving license. The validity is the same as the original license and it is issued by the same authority. But if the License is lost and expired by more than 6 months, then you’d require permission from Head Quarters of Transport Department at the address given below:
Transport Commissioner Office Address:
Administrative Bldg., 4th Floor, Govt. Colony,
Opp. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Garden, Bandra (East), Mumbai.
Phone – 022-26516336; Fax – 022-26414901.
This post is brought to you by Ridlr; it provides timetables and schedules for various modes of public transit, including Bus, Train and Metro, making commute as informed as possible. It also provides live traffic alerts, helping you make route choices and steer clear of congested areas. And if you’re looking for parking, look no further; Ridlr displays free and paid parking in your city. Download the app now.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- TRAFFIC REGULATION FOR GANAPATI IMMERSION DAYS- 2017 - August 31, 2017
- GANAPATI FESTIVAL 2017 – Traffic restrictions near Lalbaugcha Raja - August 28, 2017
- MUMBAI Monsoon- 2017 – Water Logging prone areas - June 7, 2017