B.E.S.T (Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport) Bus Service in Mumbai is the key medium transit in the city. If you wish to have a quick ride across the busiest metropolitan, then BEST buses are clearly the first and the most convenient choice you can make. These busses have exceptional connectivity throughout the city and connects neighbouring areas like Navi-Mumbai, Thane and Mira-Bhayandar. Whether it’s your daily commute to office or college, BEST Buses in Mumbai are an ultimate saviour! Let’s have a look at some lesser known facts about BEST Buses that we can boast of!
- Set up in the year 1873, Bombay Tramway Company is the first bus operator in the city.
- It received a license to operate trams over 400 routes in the city by 1905.
- BEST continues to enjoy monopoly by supporting large number of buses plying over various routes throughout the city.
- Did you know which route is popular amongst students? Its route no. 9 that connects maximum number of schools and colleges. It makes it easier for young learners to access interwoven routes to their destination.
- BEST Transport Museum is an awesome place for scale model lovers. It takes us back in time with miniature models of buses along with vintage photographs that denote the history of the corporation.
- At present, there are 4680 buses carrying around 4,800,000 passengers daily on over 400 routes.
- Did you know what’s special about bus route no. 166? It interconnects maximum number of hospitals across the city.
This post is brought to you by Ridlr; it provides timetables and schedules for various modes of public transit, including Bus, Train and Metro, making commute as informed as possible. It also provides live traffic alerts, helping you make route choices and steer clear of congested areas. And if you’re looking for parking, look no further; Ridlr displays free and paid parking in your city. Download the app now.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- TRAFFIC REGULATION FOR GANAPATI IMMERSION DAYS- 2017 - August 31, 2017
- GANAPATI FESTIVAL 2017 – Traffic restrictions near Lalbaugcha Raja - August 28, 2017
- MUMBAI Monsoon- 2017 – Water Logging prone areas - June 7, 2017