Having your car insured is mandatory by law. It simply means you’re transferring the financial risks to the insurer. Most of the leading car manufacturers in India collaborate with major insurance providers to give you the benefit of package deals. At the same time, you’re free to choose a plan of your choice.
Here’s a list of things you must know before you zero down on your car insurance provider:
- Refer popular sites like policybazar.com or accuratequotes.in to get detailed information on insurance plans and policies.
- Since time is a constraint for most of us, you can check complete details online as all companies have their policies illustrated online.
- In line with the provisions of Auto Vehicle Act, choose a plan that covers third party liability in case of an accident.
- A comprehensive car insurance plan is ideal as it covers most of the damages along with loss by theft and injuries in case of accidents.
- Compare the policies and look for add-on benefits.
- Zero depreciation cover benefit will ensure that the company pays you the actual price of the parts that need replacement and not the depreciated value of it.
- A policy that comes with a host of emergency assistance services like transport arrangements, assistance on running out of fuel in case of flat tires, or low battery is an ideal choice.
- Be thorough with the list of exclusions before you buy a policy.
- Choose a company that offers flexible payment options.
- Look for hidden costs, if any.
Above guidelines are sure to help you save money and get adequate coverage!
This post is brought to you by Ridlr; it provides timetables and schedules for various modes of public transit, including Bus, Train and Metro, making commute as informed as possible. It also provides live traffic alerts, helping you make route choices and steer clear of congested areas. And if you’re looking for parking, look no further; Ridlr displays free and paid parking in your city. Download the app now.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- TRAFFIC REGULATION FOR GANAPATI IMMERSION DAYS- 2017 - August 31, 2017
- GANAPATI FESTIVAL 2017 – Traffic restrictions near Lalbaugcha Raja - August 28, 2017
- MUMBAI Monsoon- 2017 – Water Logging prone areas - June 7, 2017